What is Oxycodone?
The use of this drug serves to reduce low to extreme pain. The group of medicines known as opioid analgesics includes oxycodone. It affects how your body perceives and reacts to pain by acting on the brain. If used for a very long time then this medicine may stop working, contact your doctor if that happens
- While taking this medicine you should follow the instructions given by the doctor. These instructions also include that you take this medicine with or without food. When you have nausea, it could help to take this drug with food. Ask your health practitioner or pharmacist about different approaches to lowering nausea.
- Do not consume citrus fruits or grapefruit juice. When you are using this medicinal drug. Unless your health practitioner or pharmacist says you may accomplish that competently, Grapefruit can increase the risk of adverse outcomes with this medication.
- If you are using the liquid form of this medication, then measure the dose with a special measuring spoon that is given by the physician. Do not use a household spoon due to the fact you can no longer get the proper dose. Ask your physician, if you are not sure how to measure the dose.
- Don’t stop taking this medicine suddenly, it can be harmful to your health.
- Pain medicines are best if they are used while the first symptoms of pain occur. If you wait until the ache has worsened, the drugs won’t work as well.
Who should avoid oxycodone?
Dont use oxycodone, if you have these problems:
Before taking oxycodone, it is important to tell your pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other opioid pain relievers. This product may additionally incorporate inactive ingredients that could cause hypersensitive reactions or other problems.
Earlier than the use of this medicine, inform your doctor about your medical history, mainly of: brain disorders, breathing problems and kidney or liver disease.
Oxycodone is not better for older people. Older adults may experience more severe side effects than younger ones. In adults older, it causes particular dizziness, drowsiness, and slow respiration.
In the course of pregnancy, this medicinal drug ought to be used only when needed. It can damage an unborn infant. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages with your doctor.
This drug passes into breast milk and might have undesirable consequences for a nursing infant. Tell the physician right away if your toddler develops unusual sleepiness, difficulty feeding, or problems breathing. Consult your medical doctor before breastfeeding.
if you have any kind of heart disease, Addison’s disease, low blood pressure, asthma, any mental illness, or blockage in the stomach then inform your doctor before starting the treatment.
Operating heavy machinery
Operating heavy machinery or activities like driving which require you to be alert should be avoided during the use of oxycodone as it makes you drowsy.
History of substance abuse
People who have a history of substance abuse (alcohol, drugs) should stay away from this medicine as it can be very addictive and they might end up abusing it.
If a person has overdosed and has extreme signs and symptoms that include passing out or having problems breathing, give them naloxone if it is available, then call the doctor. If the individual is wide awake and has no signs, immediately call a poison control centre.
Symptoms of overdose
- Problem in breathing
- slow heartbeat
- Dry mouth
If you forget to take medicine on time, take it when you remember. Don’t take the missed dose when it’s time to take the next dose. Double dose is not encouraged at all.
Acute pain: The starting recommended doses of oxycodone are within the five to fifteen mg variety, every four to six hours as wanted for adequate analgesia of acute pain
Chronic pain: It is endorsed to titrate the dosage slowly upwards, starting at the lowest viable dose for analgesia (2.5% to 10% every 4–6 hours) for patients with continual ache. However, the medicine has to be taken at often scheduled durations for chronic pain control to prevent the reoccurrence of pain as opposed to treating the pain after it has begun.
Side effects and tips to reduce side effects
- There could be nausea, vomiting, and sleepiness. After using this medicine for a while, some of these side effects might go away. Inform your doctor or pharmacy as soon as possible if any of these side effects persist or get worse.
- Drinking water and exercising are the measures you take to prevent constipation. You can also take laxatives to prevent constipation.
- To lessen the chance of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly while getting up from a sitting or lying position.
The list of potential negative effects is not complete. Contact your doctor or pharmacist if you have any other side effects not covered above.
Can I buy Oxycodone online?
Yes, you can buy the medicine online, White house pharma is always available for you. If you don’t have a prescription, explain your whole condition to our expert physician. He can prescribe medicine by seeing your condition. Your health is our priority.